Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Using Table in HTML messages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

rogerrdaltx

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hello

I sent this to support but thought I would post the question here in teh event another user of the program could respond.

I need to control the width of HTML messages to keep the message around 640 pixels wide. And need better control over the placement of text and images rather than left, center right. I.E, place an image to the right or left of text rather than above and below it. There does not seem to be support for tables in mailinglist king.

I can design my message with Dreamweaver or hand code it using tables or absolute position tags. But I am not able to paste the formatted message into Mailing list king. When I past the message all formatting is lost.

How can 1) limit the display width of a message? 2) place images to the right or left of text using the built in tools? 3) or how can I get a formatted HTML message using table or absolute position tags which was created outside mailinglist king into the program?

Thanks
/Roger Robbins

------------------
Please remove "(spambot-goaway)" and reply to:
roger.robbins (spambot-goaway-@)ooccl.com
----------------------

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Roger

If you select text (e.g. from the dreamweaver preview window) and paste that into MailList King then you will generally only have the text formatting copied across and not any paragraph formatting meta data.

What you want to do is to insert the HTML source you have created into MLK.

Here is the recommended procedure for creating messages in other HTML editors (such as Dreamweaver or Front Page) and sending them with MLK:

i. Create your message in your preferred HTML editor and save it to a file
ii. In MLK, select the recipients and click File|Send E-mail
iii. Click the open button on the message editing toolbar and browse for the message. It is recommended that you do not edit the message body any further in MLK as the source will be reformatted
iv. Click Send

You can also paste the complete source of an HTML file into MLK but it will clear any existing message (the efefct is the same as above but it offer a faster workflow for you):

i. Create your message in your preferred HTML editor
ii. Display the HTML Source, select all of it (generall Ctrl+A) and click copy (Ctrl+C)
iii. In MLK, select the recipients and click File|Send E-mail
iv. On the message editing toolbar click the Paste button and confirm when you are asked if you want to paste the source and clear your existing message. As above, it is recommended that you do not edit the message body any further in MLK as the source will be reformatted
iv. Click Send

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: