Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Web Form Not Recognized
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

katana1100

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

I am using the webform tool at my web host (Citymax.com) and am having problems with MLK not recognizing them. All fields in the form can be rearranged if necessary EXCEPT for the data above the First Name field as those are hard coded by CityMax's form tool. Below is the sample web form data that gets emailed to me (minus the asterisks):

The form at the following URL was submitted:

http://www.reiaofoakland.CityMax.com/subscribe.htm

This is the data that was submitted:

Name: Bob Smith
E-mail: bsmith@hotmail.com
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Smith
Company Name:
Address: 1234 Main St.
City: Anywhere
State: MI
Zip: 48888
Phone: 248-555-1212
Deliver Member Newsletter by: Regular Mail
Action: Subscribe

The webform fields and Web Form Message Subjects have been added in MLK properly.
Manual subscriptions (i.e. entering "subscribe" in an email subject line) work fine.

Thanks,
Rick

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Gordon

According to the log MLK is trying to process the Vacation message as a web form message(instead of a normal mailing list message). Go into View>Options, Web Forms and check that the subject of your vacation message is NOT included in your web form subjects lists.

Essentially you want MLK to process it in its default way, rather than try to process it as a web form message (from MLK's perspective web form messages are ones that are formatted with a list of name & value pairs, such in the message at the start of this post).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Gordon

It will probably be easiest if I have you generate a debug log.

I'll email you the details...

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Gordon Brown

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Hello,

I'm having a similar forms problem, although this time it's with a remote administration command.

According to the help file, I can use the command "vacation on e-mail@address.com" to turn on vacation mode for the address specified, however when I sent MLK an e-mail with that command in the body (first line), it ignored it and left it in the incoming directory in Outlook.

I've also tried it with a colon after the vacation command, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions would be most apppreciated.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Rick

Most likely the message fields are not specified correctly in View>Options, Web Forms, Specify Fields, so MLK is not finding any data in the message.

Please send me a screenshot of the Web Forms tab under View>Options. Also click the "Specify fields" button and send that.

(To create a screenshot display the program with the problem visible then select PrintScreen (or PrtScr) on the top of your keyboard. Using Microsoft Word or an image editor such as Paint, select Paste. Save the file, if possible as a JPEG if you are using an image editor and send it to us)

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ILH

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  08:58:01  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I've been reading all of the available materials on using the vacation status via web forms. We use web forms extensively in our environment. I'm lost trying to get MLK to pick it up.

Is there a correct syntax when used in a web form? For instance, would it be:

Action: vacation ON
or
Vacation: on

Since we use web forms, I can't turn off the option of MLK using web forms altogether as I see you recommended above. What's the solution here? I'm pulling my hair out.

--
Ian Hubling
ian@hubling.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  16:54:53  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ian

I see the help file does not cover the Vacation options, so we will update that.

There are three actions you can specify:

VacationEnable
Enables the member's vacation mode, i.e. they will be excluded from any messages you send

VacationDisable
Disables the member's vacation mode, i.e. the member will be included in messages you send

Vacation
Enable or disable the member's vacation mode by specifying the new status in the "Full Name" field (either "Enable" or "Disable")

Example 1:

Action: VacationEnable

Example 2:

Action: Vacation
Full Name: Enable

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page