Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Sound Tracks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bagsey

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  09:45:20  Show Profile  Reply
Recently I have been working on my old record collection and transfering the sound tracks to CDs. During the course of this work I have had occasion to use a program called Audacity (free)to clean up the sound and remove the clicks and pops from these old well used tracks. Having learned more about sound doing this I have developed a way of adding sound tracks to Pixplay slide shows. If you are interested in this then read on.
1. Complete adding slides to you your slide show, ensuring that any changes to the display timing are complete.
2. Make a folder (sound track) and put in all of the background music and sound effects that you intend to use.
3. On paper make a diagram showing the timing of the slides where the music is to start counting from the beginning of the show.
4. You are now at the point where you can begin with your sound track.
5. Open Audacity.Reduce its screen footprint to allow space to open up your sound track folder.
6. Drag and drop your sound files to Audicity keeping them as seperate sound tracks.
7. Now to adjust the timing of the start for each sound track click on that track to select it.
8. Move the curser to the start of the track using the double arrow button on the sound controll bar.
9. Go to GENERATE on the menu bar and then to SILENCE. Select the length of the silence you require at the start of the track
10. When you have done this for each track goto EDIT and SELECT ALL.
11. Goto FILE. EXPORT AS .wav file and it will combine all of your tracks into one sound track.

I hope that this is clear enough to point you in the right direction. I am sure that there will be better ways of doing this but as a beginner I found that it worked for me. I made a slide show of a visit to some large gardens and put on a sound track of various bird sounds in their correct locations and my wife thought that is was fine.
Any questions post back.

Bagsey
North Yorkshire UK
DVDPixPlay Ver. 4.1

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  02:07:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bagsey

Excellent instructions. Thanks for giving us your feedback.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: