Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 music not in sync with video clips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  19:34:44  Show Profile  Reply
I attempted to make another slidehow like I have done many times before with video clips at the beginning of the slideshow. So I put them all at the beginning as usual and burned the disk.

The sound tracks of the video clips can be heard, but they are not in sync with the right clips. I went back and double checked to see that I had the "maintain the sound track of the video files" selected, and it was. So erased it and tried to burn it again, and got the same results.

When you open each clip separately they sound OK, so what would be causing the audio portion of them to be our of sync with the right video clip? This has never happened to me before, and I am sorry to have to keep asking you for help.

Thanks!

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  06:32:26  Show Profile  Reply
I meant to say that the AUDIO is not in sync with the correct video clips at the beginning of the slideshow. But they play perfectly well when you open each one in "My Pictures".

I also noticed something else. When I have the slideshow on screen and ready to burn, under the slideshow properties, on the background music line, it says "video" instead of the number of music files I have chosen to start when the video clips are over. Is that correct?

I never knowingly changed any settings, so I don't know what I would have done to have this happen when I have no problems in the past.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  00:47:12  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I believe this issue is caused by some video file types. We haven't been able to reproduce it on our test machines, but that is I believe from the reports i've had from another user.

Are these video files you've used before? What type are they? Are they too big too email to us for analysis?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  06:33:29  Show Profile  Reply
They are not videos files that I have used before. Two of them were downloaded from my daughter's account on a photosharing site, Flickr. Could this possibly be the problem? One is 68.1 mb in size, the other 31.2. Are these too big to email? It seems these clips that the audio is off on.

On the third attempt to re-do this slideshow, the audio was correct until the last 3 or 4 video clips, then it went out of sync, and the background music files started playing before the video clips had finished. That has never happened before either.

And while I am on this subject...is it possible to move a couple of the video clips out of the start and put them into the regular body of your slideshow, if you do not care if they the audio is covered by background music? Would it work to split them out?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  21:03:44  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I believe the issue is in the video encoding library we use so there is unlikely to be a quick fix, I'm afraid. Can I download directly from your daughters Flikr site? If so please email me the details.

Also send me your project and log files:

1. Run DVD PixPlay
2. Click the Help text on the menu (beside View)
3. Select Send Email to Support
4. Click Send

You could try converting them to MPEG format, and assuming they play correctly then use them in the project instead.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  06:24:25  Show Profile  Reply
I will be leaving shortly, and do not have time to do that, but I will try when I return home. If I emailed you the video clip, or link to it that I have on Photobucket, would it be possible to figure out a way to get it to play with the audio in a future slideshow?

I also tried to convert it to an mpeg format with Prizm, and it does it, but drops the audio. I tried to send it to the slideshow anyway to see if Pixplay would play it by chance, and when I browse the folder to select the converted file, it says there is no file in the folder. Quite a mystery how one little video clip can cause so much work!
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  06:30:10  Show Profile  Reply
BETTEI

Many changes have been made to PixPlay --including the saving procedure. Here is a list of changes to keep you informed:

http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/changes.html

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  13:35:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Yes, the wide variety of different video formats is a real headache, for us as developers too.

What format did you choose when you converted it with prism? If DVD PixPlay can't find it then either it is not a recognized format or no file extension (such as ".mpeg") was given to the file.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  11:12:01  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,
I am still searching for an answer to this problem video clip that I have and can't convert to avi without losing the audio. And I found a link that you might find interesting if anyone else runs across this problem with videos taken with a Kodak camera.
So if after reading this, and you can come up with a solution other than paying for Quicktime Pro, I would appreciate your suggestions.
http://www.assassinationscience.com/johncostella/kodak/index.html

And he adds a note that he solved his problem by downloading this programhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi

So I did that also, and it goes into a zipped file. I unzipped it, and my computer gave me this window..."caution-attempting to open a BIN file--editing or modifying them might damage your system". So I am again at a loss on how to proceed. And since you can tell by all the questions I have asked you, I don't know that much about computers. So could you tell me if it would be safe to open and run this program in order to convert that problem video clip?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: