Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Synching music for multiple slideshows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmetheny

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  14:49:25  Show Profile  Reply
I need to burn multiple slideshows to a single DVD.

If I burn a single slideshow, I am able to automagically adjust the slideshow length to match up to the length of the background music.

However...I don't see this as an available option while burning multiple slideshows to a DVD simultaneously.

What I REALLY need is a way to split the slideshow up into multiple chapters (like on a movie DVD), but barring that as an option with PixPlay, is there a way to do what I want to do?

dmetheny

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  15:16:06  Show Profile  Reply
I forgot to mention...

I have v4.05

Also - I need the background music that I selected for each individual slideshow to match up to that specific slideshow only. Each slideshow contains photos of a specific event (Holiday, vacation, etc.), and the music I chose correlates to that specific event.

I hope that makes sense. :)
Go to Top of Page

dmetheny

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  15:24:20  Show Profile  Reply
I think I found it.....

When selecting the individual slideshows for your multiple-slideshow disk, you can click on each individual one, go to Settings, and tell it to stretch to match the background music there...for each one.

Go to Top of Page

Bagsey

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  02:03:56  Show Profile  Reply
I have beaten the problem of having my slide shows varying in length to suit the background music by going the other way round and making the music fit my slide show timing. I make the slide show how I want it then by using AUDACITY (Free) make up a compilation of music that fits the slideshow timing. This is an easy job to do and you can set the music to fade out EXACTLY on the ending of the show. Using audacity it appears to be a simple job to produce a matching commentry as well, although I am still experimenting with this.

Bagsey
North Yorkshire UK
DVDPixPlay Ver. 4.1
Go to Top of Page

dmetheny

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  10:59:57  Show Profile  Reply
Ironically enough....I have also been using Audacity to do just that.

However, I am new to Audacity...how do you make it fade?
Go to Top of Page

Bagsey

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:07:33  Show Profile  Reply
After you have set the music length to suit your slideshow set a point on the music in audacity where you wish to fade from. Edit, Select all. Effect, then fade out. That should do the trick.

Bagsey
North Yorkshire UK
DVDPixPlay Ver. 4.1
Go to Top of Page

dmetheny

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:16:51  Show Profile  Reply
I just gave it a whirl.....GENIUS!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic