Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 One last question about converting video files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  08:05:42  Show Profile  Reply
I want to give this problem Quicktime video clip one more try before I give up on using it in Pixplay.

As you can see by my other posts, I have tried several programs with no success. I even wasted $48.00 in upgrading Wavepad, still no luck. I thought I had it done with AV6 converter, I didn't care if their watermark was on the clip, I just wanted to use it. But it still won't work in Pixplay, even though after converted, it says it is an avi file.

So would you be so kind as to read this link from Quicktime and tell me if I pay to upgrade their player, if these are files that Pixplay will accept? It mentions mgg3 and mpg4, but I don't see avi as a choice, and I hate to waste more money on a program that won't work for me. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/

Thanks for all your help...
Bette

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  11:14:38  Show Profile  Reply
BETTEI

AVIcodec is a program that will analyze the video file and tell you which codecs are needed, and which ones you are missing. THEN, it will give you the link to the site where the codec is located, if you are in fact missing that particular one (click “web” button).

http://avicodec.duby.info/

If you paid $48 for the WAVEPAD then that should be able to convert your file to the proper codec.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  14:59:11  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bette

WavePad is an audio editing program, you want video conversion. Perhaps you should email them and ask if you can change your purchase to Prism (their video conversion product) instead.

QuickTime Pro supports output to AVI, but doesn't say what AVI format, so i can't comment.

See this post regarding input video formats:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3121

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  15:30:19  Show Profile  Reply
I appologize that I keep bothering you about this video I am trying to use, but like I said, I really want to use it in a slideshow.

So I did like Jim said and analyzed the file and downloaded an XVID codec and installed it. Then I ran a conversion on the file again, and even though it has their watermark, it did work in Pixplay...but the audio in several of the video clips are not in sync with the right clips, and not just the problem one.

So that brings another question to you. If a few of my video clips were taken without anyone making any noise during the filming, could that be the reason that the audio starts to get out of sync with the proper video it is supposed to be playing with it? Even without inserting this problem file, the background music files I had chosen to start playing when the videos were over started playing too soon, before the video portion was over with. I made sure the option not to override the video clips with music was selected too. But the music still starts too soon.

So is there anything I am doing wrong? I select "move videos to start"..then insert a title page, then the background music I want to play. That never happened before the upgrade I made in Pixplay. Could there be something wrong in the version I have that would make the music start before it is set to?
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  08:39:35  Show Profile  Reply
BETTEI

Under View>options>general make sure you check the box for "use accurate time" before you burn the disc.

Make sure the time given for your slides matches the time for your audio EXACTLY. For example, if it says the slide show is 15:25 then the audio or music should say 15:25. If it doesn't, PixPlay will try to make them fit, and the timing you saw during preview won't necessarily be what you get when you burn to disk.

If it does not play correctly on your PC it is probably due to the amount of memory you have on the computer. Large images can cause the PC to run slower and the screen compression speed will be slower than the sound. THE LONGER THE SHOW ---THE MORE OUT OF SYNC IT WILL GET !! !

Try this.........Try increasing the video hardware acceleration. There are two video hardware acceleration settings—one in the WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, and one in the Windows operating system. You must change both settings.

To change the setting in the Player, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Performance tab. Move the Video acceleration slider to Full.

To change the setting in Windows, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Display, click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to Full.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  13:05:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bette

I'd like to try and reproduce the video audio sync issue on our test machines.

Can you please use www.dropload.com to send us the videos with the steps we should take to reproduce it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  14:02:33  Show Profile  Reply
NIGEL

The dropload website has not worked in the USA for over six months so I would recommend the following:

http://www.yousendit.com/

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  14:09:50  Show Profile  Reply
Ok, I have read both replies. Jim, I did notice that the music and length of the slideshow are different, even though I have the correct box .."maintain the soundtrack" is checked. So with the slideshow I want to make, that is with videos first, and background music starting after they are done, how do you get the music files and length of the slideshow to match timing perfectly? I thought when it said "video soundtrack" in the background music box, it automatically did that, because I know I have seen that happen in a previous slideshow.

And Nigel,
The last burn I made, the music started about 5 video clips too soon. So are you just asking for those in the dropload link? I have noticed no matter what order I arrange those video clips, the audio starts going off on the last 4 or 5. So it doesn't seem to be the actual video clips themselves, but in the order they appear before the title page and start of the background music. Does that make sense? So the ones I particularly wanted to hear the correct audio, I put at the start of the slideshow, and they worked fine. If I put them right before the end of the video portion of the slideshow, the background music covers up the audio on them. And on this particular show I am attempting, there are 44 videos, and the total duration of the show is only 34 min, 34 sec. So let me know if you still want me to use that download link and which clips to send you.

I did have the "loop slideshow" music checked, because I was short 4 minutes of music. Would it be better not to check that, and just have the music run a little long and be cut off mid song, rather than having silence at the end? Otherwise I don't see how you can easily time the music just perfectly.

And thank you both for taking the time with this. I do the settings changes, and try again. I should have plenty of memory, I have a dual core Media Center HP, and they told me at the time that it actually had more memory than I would ever use.
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  18:16:07  Show Profile  Reply
BETTEI

"There are 44 videos, and the total duration of the show is only 34 min, 34 sec."

If you find a program that cost under $30 and can do this let me know. You used Kodak,Quick Time, Flickr and who knows how many different conversion programs,etc

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST HARD TO PLEASE!!!!!

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  07:12:32  Show Profile  Reply
Well, gosh, I don't understand the hostilty. I know I have asked a lot of questions, but never said I was unhappy with your product. In fact I have thanked you for all your help. With every problem I have encountered, I have also learned something.

I thought there might be some settings that are different with the upgrade that I wasn't using correctly, since I didn't have sync problems before the upgrade.

All these video clips came from my camera except for the one from a Kodak. I gave up using the ones from Flickr, because I thought they were the ones that were out of sync. And I was trying to explain to you that it didn't matter which video clips were in the show, it went out of sync in the last 4 no matter how I arranged them....and that didn't happen before.

But I do thank you for helping explain the codec problem, and I guess I will try to refrain from asking any more questions should something else arise.
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  07:46:13  Show Profile  Reply
BETTEI

First, I do not work for or am I associated with Nigel's Xequte Software Company, so any comments are mine and do not reflect on Nigel or DVD Pixplay.

Secondly, let me explain how I think this product was suppose to be used. I believe that this product was design with the idea of taking your pics (50-100 usually) and having the capability to add music and title pages to create a "short" DVD or CD. If you want to add many videos and audios from numerous sources, created by many different codecs and audio formats--there are other programs that will handle this situation better than DVD Pixlay.

My comment about PLEASING PEOPLE was not in hostility but rather to explain--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. As I have said many times 'THIS IS THE BEST DVD CREATING PROGRAM I HAVE EVER USED FOR A PRICE UNDER $ 30."

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  13:34:27  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bette

Apologies if Jim's response offended. He is a long time user of DVD PixPlay and can be quite passionate.

We certainly do want to resolve any problems you are having.

Am I correct in understanding that the audio of the video files is not matching with the visual portion of the videos, so for instance if you have a video of someone talking, then after a while their speech is not in sync with their lips?

If that is correct, please use yousendit.com to forward me your files for analysis, with the steps to reproduce.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bettei

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  07:36:54  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,
That is correct that it did happen in one burning of a slideshow, the audio toward the end of the video clip section did not match the right video.
And this one did have more video clips in it than I normally use. So I removed the ones I had gotten from the Flickr site, and put the 4 that really have no audible sound last, so I didn't really matter that the music starts too soon and over rides those.
And it isn't any particular video clip that is out of sync, they all will work, it's just how I have them arranged in order. In other words, all the clips will play correctly until they get to the last 4 or 5 and at the end of the video segment, then background music starts too soon...no matter how I rearrange them.
So I am not sure that sending you those last four that are over ridden with music instead of their own audio will help....because that happens to any of the clips I put last.
Or did you mean for me to attach my whole slideshow and send you that with "you send it"?
I thought with the upgrade I did, I just wasn't doing something right in the settings, since I don't remember it ever happening before with the older version of Pixplay. And Jim is right, it is an unusual amount of video clips I was trying to use. I was trying to preserve my grandson's last year playing football. That is why there were so many video clips in the show.
Thanks again,
Bette
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  20:33:17  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bette

Just send us two video files where the video audio sync is obvious (e.g. someone talking). We'll try to reproduce by padding the slideshow with an extra 42 instances of videos of the same format.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: