Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 DBISAM Error #12035
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:09:19  Show Profile  Reply
Got that error while attempting to open one of my databases. It says:

"the table mlk_stat is not the correct version"

Yesterday, it worked fine. Today it suddenly doesn't work. The only change was I did a disk defrag. Would that have messed it up somehow?

What do I do to fix it?

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  15:06:22  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

It sounds like the table is corrupted. Try using the database utility to repair your database tables:

i) Download the Database Utility from http://www.xequte.com/download/dbsys330.exe <-- OLD VERSION. SEE NEW LINK BELOW
ii) Install and Run it.
iii) Select Utilities>Repair
iv) Click Select and browse to your database folder (search your hard disk for the file mlk_main.dat to locate your database folder)
v) Your database files will be displayed in the box below. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each file in turn
vi) Click Open to repair all of your files

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  15:39:38  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks. That at least narrowed it down.

The utility sucessfully rebuilt all the dbs except for mlk_stat ... it gave the same error message - the table mlk_stat is not the correct version.

Advise?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  17:48:17  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

That's a very unusual error to get.

If you have a backup of the mlk_stat.* files you should restore it. Otherwise create a new database and replace the current mlk_stat.* files with the new ones (of course this means that you will lose your statistics under View > Graphs and Statistics.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  20:07:42  Show Profile  Reply
OK, I used a backup. It was only a couple of days old, so no real damage done, and statistics for that particular DB are of minor importance.

Any speculation about how that happened? Could it have been related to the disk defrag I did?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  02:32:19  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Assuming it is corruption then that can occur when you have a disk error or an MLK crash. However the error you describe is not typical of corruption and corruption generally resolves itself by using the repair function.

A weirder possibility is that the mlk_stat table from an older version of MailList King was restored to your database folder. That would explain the error, but I can't imagine a situation where this would happen.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  12:02:12  Show Profile  Reply
Well, I guess that's one for research... Thanks for the info. I do love MLK!
Go to Top of Page

geb

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  08:43:37  Show Profile  Reply
Hi I got the same error but for mlk_main
My dB has been hanging and I have been unable to delete history
have optimized/ repacked deleted ( month =0)however still dbisam is unable to open repair
I thought I needed to create a new database and start again but I loose all my Setting SMTP etc
I about to undertake a big campaign and MLK has soiled itself
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  12:40:51  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

So MLK won't open the database at all? You can put your database into a zip and email it to us, if you like.

If you lose your database, you you don't lose your settings, but rather all the members and their details. So you should regularly back up your database.

Note that the repair tool above is for older versions of MLK. You should be using the new one if you are on MLK 10 or newer:

1. Close MailList King
2. Download the Database Utility from http://www.xequte.com/download/dbsys426.exe
3. Install and Run it.
4. Select Utilities > Repair
5. Click Select and browse to your database folder (search your hard disk for the file mlk_main.dat to locate your database folder)
6. Your database files will be displayed in the box below. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each file in turn (but NOT any file named mlk_send_task...)
7. Click Open to repair all of your files

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: