Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Send Error: Invalid Reference (SMTP Error) (10004)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ouailleme

7 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  12:35:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi
I read some topics about this Send Error: Invalid Reference (SMTP Error) (10004), but I don't find any answer to my problem...

I get this error sending mail to recipients with gmail, aol and a few other adress providers. I can't reach any gmail address for example.

My messages are normally delivered to other recipients who don't have those kind of address.

I use MLK internal server, with 10 simultaneous connections and 120 sec time out.
I'm not blacklisted at spamhaus.
I use Avast free av, I tried do disconnect it which did not change anything.

Thank you.

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  14:41:45  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

A 10004 error occurs when your sending is [actively] blocked/disconnected for some reason. With the internal server it is usually an active blocking due to your antivirus software/router/firewall (e.g. a "worm blocking" option) or your ISP's spam blocking functionality (for ISP's that do not block all local mail servers).

Alternatively it can be from the destination server. Some well known servers, such as Hotmail may block messages if it recognizes them as being sent from a local mail server (e.g. by recognizing the server as existing on a residential IP address), though in this case it is more common to get a timeout (10060).

So when using the SMTP Server it is important that you enable the option to automatically resend to any recipients that fail, and specify that the last sending attempt should be via normal SMTP.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ouailleme

7 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  14:19:43  Show Profile  Reply
OK Nigel, thanks for the answer, I'll try it !
Go to Top of Page

bronckers

Netherlands
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  09:00:07  Show Profile  Reply
I have a 10% (of 2500 adressen) Failure rate when sending, mainly due to smtp 10004 and 10060 errors.

Your suggestion to use "normal SMTP" for retries is perhaps a good idea, how ever I am unable to find an option to do so.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, outlook 2007, MLK 10.14R

Using SMTP via an ISP mail server, 3 retries and a 15 min. delay.

please help me with some instructions to optimise sending.

thanks.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  13:34:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Please select View > Options, Sending. Click the Settings button beside your Server sending profile. On the "Server Settings" tab select the following option:

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: