Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 SMTP Errors in log
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gregg.carroll@lancopromo.

2 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
I'm sending emails using the MLK internal SMTP server and my ISP's DNS address. I'm getting a lot of bounces with the following errors.

Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10004
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10061
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10060
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 504
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 11001

Can I do something to prevent this?

I should add, I have it set for 100 connections and am doing a scheduled send of 100 emails with a 1 minute break in between. I have tried different email amounts being sent and still avg about 20-30% bouce rate which is way above what I was getting when using my exchange server.

Thanks

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Gregg

v5 will help you (e-mail sales@xequte.com if you are not sure if you qualify for a free ugprade) it has better support for retrying problematic adddresses and can send via a normal SMTP server if all re-attempts fail.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

gregg.carroll@lancopromo.

2 Posts

Using v4.37P so I obviously need to upgrade but still getting 20-30% bounces on regularly sent list throttled to send 10 per blast.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Gregg

Is this with the new version or the older v5. 100 connections is very high for most systems/net connections. Start at ten and work your way up.

If you are still getting a lot of bounces (and i would consider more than 10% on a regularly used list to be high) please send the newest sendlog_*.txt file from Config\sendlogs\ folder under your database folder (click Ctrl+Shift+I to display your key folders) to support@xequte.com).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

LarryHughes

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  22:49:46  Show Profile  Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gregg.carroll@lancopromo.

I'm sending emails using the MLK internal SMTP server and my ISP's DNS address. I'm getting a lot of bounces with the following errors.

Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10004
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10061
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 10060
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 504
Recipient's SMTP server returned error 11001

Can I do something to prevent this?

I should add, I have it set for 100 connections and am doing a scheduled send of 100 emails with a 1 minute break in between. I have tried different email amounts being sent and still avg about 20-30% bouce rate which is way above what I was getting when using my exchange server.

Thanks

LarryHughes@cfl.rr.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: