Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Autoresponder with forwarding of original message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  18:45:57  Show Profile  Reply
I just downloaded your Maillist King software. It looks quite good but I have a specific need that I am trying to figure out how to make it work. Our need is for an autoresponder that sends out product information to customers.
Here are the steps that I need to happen:
1) A user sends an email with a specific request. A keyword in the search field is picked up by maillist king.
2) Maillist King sends an autoresponse to the customer with a reply based on the keyword.
3) The original message from the user is then forwarded to another email address of one of our customer service representatives who can then act further on it, if they need to.
4) The original message can then be deleted from maillist king.

Any ideas on how to accomplish something like this?

Bruce23

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  21:37:49  Show Profile  Reply
Just to be clear,
1) A user sends an email with a specific request. A keyword in the search field is picked up by maillist king.
"THIS WORKS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM IN THE AUTORESPONDER"
2) Maillist King sends an autoresponse to the customer with a reply based on the keyword.
"THIS WORKS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM IN THE AUTORESPONDER"
3) The original message from the user is then forwarded to another email address of one of our customer service representatives who can then act further on it, if they need to.
CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT AT ALL - I have tried looking at the personalize section but I don't see how that would be of use here.
4) The original message can then be deleted from maillist king.
CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT AT ALL IN THE AUTORESPONDER

Thanks.

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  22:03:21  Show Profile  Reply
Okay I figure it out. So now I have a new question. This one concerns the header being sent with the forwarded email. Presently it says:

*** Message forwarded at 1/07/2011 11:56:20 PM from MLK POP Account (techsupport@...)***

How would I change that on the forwarded email to show whatever I want to send as text.

(As a second question - what about a footer? Can I add a footer to the original email that is being forwarded?)

Thanks
Bruce

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  11:43:21  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

Sorry to hear of your difficulty with the auto-responders, but it is good to hear you were able to resolve the issues.

To change the header and footer of members' messages select View > Options, Member Sending and click the "Headers and Footers" tab.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  12:37:31  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Nigel

Am I able to send different headers and footers with various autoresponders.

For example:
Customer A asks for info about product B. Autoresponder sends the info and then send the original request to an employee "Charles in customer service" along with my header which might say something like - Charles - Please contact this customer via phone to see if we can assist further.

Customer B asks for info about product C. Autoresponder sends the info and then send the original request to an employee "Franklin - tech support" along with my header which might say something like - Franklin please follow up with this customer request to make sure he has applied the repair properly".

-----
So you can see how I am setting up auto responders based on keywords within forms on our site and then after the autoresponder has sent out the required information which is dependent on the form request they have filed, the form details along with my header (or footer) is sent to different employees and different departments.

-----
Therefore I need to be able to set up various headers (or footers) that are directly related to the autoresponse sent based on the keyword, so when the employee receives the copy of the original customer request,they get the appropriate header or footer that relates to them and to the autoresponse sent out.

I hope I have explained this in such a way that it is understandable. It is one of our employees, who spoke with you last year regarding your product. He believes it is the best product to handle all these customer requests and looking at it, I would agree.

I look forward to your response. I was trying to figure out something through using the "personalize" section but I couldn't get it to work there. Thanks.

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  21:08:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

At this time MLK does not have an option to insert text when forwarding processed messages (only when forwarding members messages).

You don't mention what method you use to have MLK forward the processed web form to different members of your organization, but we will consider adding support for this in a later release.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  22:27:26  Show Profile  Reply
I am not sure I understand your reply Nigel.

I had posted that when a forwarded message gets sent it says

*** Message forwarded at 1/07/2011 11:56:20 PM from MLK POP Account (techsupport@...)***

I wondered how to change it.
You had indicated the View > Options, Member Sending and click the "Headers and Footers" tab.

------------
I am pretty unclear about this.

I have figured out how to send a reply to a customer and then how to forward the original message. How do I change the above:

-------------

Perhaps I am not following this through properly. When a forwarded message is sent, how do I change this header:

-------------
Thanks Nigel.

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  22:37:16  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel
Here are the steps I did:
1) In email processing I set up a message source account (example : forms@securesearchinc.com)
2) In mail processing I set up the mail processing and set it for after a message is processed it forward it (example – customersupport@securesearchinc.com)
3) I then set up the autoresponder to respond to the customer when it checks the email account forms@securesearchinc.com and forward the copy of the original email to customersupport@securesearchinc.com
4) So how do I change the message: *** Message forwarded at 1/07/2011 11:56:20 PM from MLK POP Account (techsupport@...)*** that is the header in the email sent to customersupport@securesearchinc.com

I hope this explains it more clearly

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  13:42:21  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

Sorry I just realized that the header you are referring to is the message disposal header. This header cannot be easily modified, and at any rate the same header is used for all message disposal, so could not be customized for your different auto-responders.

For a coming update we'll add an option to add a custom CC address to each auto-response.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  14:09:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel
How long do you think it will be before you have this feature available?

That would determine if we make a purchase or move on. If it is less than 6 months we will purchase now, set it up and then wait for the final release so we are ready to go as soon as the update is ready.

Thanks!

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  13:06:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

I expect it to be in v10.15

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com