Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Adding JPEG Images to MLK Emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  12:46:14  Show Profile  Reply

MLK -

If i add or insert an image to an email does that image need to be stored on a server with global references in order for all receipents to be able to view the inserted image?

Do all reader of my email automatically see the inserted image(s).

Mike

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  17:58:44  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Mike

Either option is OK.

There are two ways to add an image into a message:

1. Embed it into the message

This sends the image along with the message. In MLK click "Insert Image" on the message sending toolbar and browse for an image on your computer.

Advantages
- Everyone will see the image immediately
- Message less likely to be flagged as Spam

Disadvantages
- Your message will take longer to send (imagine you are sending a typical message of around 20KB. You decide to attach 3 x 200KB images. Your message is now 30x as large and will take 30 times as long to send)

2. Link to an image on the web

This tells the email software where to download the image and so it is downloaded only when the message is displayed. To do this in MLK, click the small down arrow beside "Insert Image" on the message sending toolbar and choose "Link to Image on Web". Paste the location of message on your web server

Advantages
- Much quicker way to send
- Can use your web logs to see how many people view your message

Disadvantages
- Messages with linked images have a higher Spam ranking
- Most email software (Outlook, Gmail, etc) will disable linked images by default. So a user needs to confirm their display before they are shown

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

James Fox

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  08:46:18  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel

The 'insert image' image option is not available when I click on 'New Mail'. (I can see it, but it is very faint....like 'deactivated'.

I just downloaded a 60 day trial version...is that why?

Best wishes

James
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  06:49:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi James

Under the Edit menu of the "New Email" window, please choose the "HTML" option. Note that HTML is not available if your sending method is to send "Via your default Email Software" (as MAPI does not support it). You need to be using Outlook, Amazon SES, SMTP, or MLK's SMTP Server.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: