Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Mail list King APPCRASH issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

menino

Kuwait
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  00:20:48  Show Profile  Reply
We have an issue with Mail list king (version 13.02R). Its crashes every time we click on the New email button. We have outlook 2010 installed on the machine.

We removed Update KB3003057 and it working .
but the application is still crashing but no as often.

Kindly let me know if there are any body is facing the same issue

believers

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  11:33:25  Show Profile  Reply
This is happening to my church as well on different computers. We are using 10.51R and this issues seemed to just start today. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

If anyone have ideas on how to fix this, please let me know.

I do see that Microsoft Update KB3003057 installed on our computers yesterday (11/12/2014), which is a cumulative update for Internet Explorer 11. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

menino

Kuwait
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  13:16:00  Show Profile  Reply
try uninstalling the below windows update

KB3003057
KB2987107.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  14:18:06  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I can confirm that Microsoft Update KB3003057 has broken MailList King (and other applications). While we are working on an update, please remove KB3003057 by searching for "Installed Updates" in the Windows Control Panel.

Here are some guides on removing an update:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/remove-update#1TC=windows-7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24373-windows-update-uninstall-update.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  18:01:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

We have now released v13.03 to resolve this issue. Please obtain it via:

www.xequte.com/support/serial/

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jlIT

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  12:49:31  Show Profile  Reply
Does mean we have to buy the latest version Mail list king to resolve this issue?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  23:36:26  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

This is an unfortunate situation. There was nothing particularly wrong with the MLK code and it has worked fine for over decade. However the changes introduced by the latest Internet Explorer update break that code.

Unfortunately it is not possible to retrofit a fix to our old versions because our HTML editor has changed significantly in recent releases.

So if you do not wish to install v13.03 you can either:
- Uninstall and hide the update, KB3003057
- Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 (if you do not use it)

If you have particular concerns, you might want to email me personally.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  15:46:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

We are providing free upgrades to anyone who has purchased/upgrdaded in the last eighteen months (or who has purchased five or more upgrades in the past).

Email us if you qualify.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  16:47:40  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

We have now completed retrofitting our v13.03 fix in MLK v11 and v12. So if you purchased (a license or upgrade) after 1 July 2011 you can email us for a free fix. Unfortunately it is impossible for us to guarantee compatibility with all future versions of Windows and/or Internet Explorer.

So if you have v10 or older you will need to use a workaround or pay to upgrade. Your options are:

1. Status Quo: Uninstall and disable the offending update or Internet Explorer 11 as described above

2. Quick Fix: No matter what the version, what the edition or what the year, you can upgrade to a fixed version for $28. You can choose from the v11.23 (old style UI) or v12.07 (new Microsoft Office style UI): http://www.xequte.com/cgi-bin/secure.asp?v=28&p=MLK_Quick_Fix

3. Latest and greatest: Upgrade to the latest release, v13.03, at: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/upgrade.html

If you have any queries or concerns, please email us.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: