Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Error while sending smtp error already connected
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi we are using 6.10r and getting the error message while sending already connected to smtp server. This locks up maillistking and we have to kill it via the task manager.

Let me know if this is a known problem with this version and I will upgrade to the latest.

-Jim

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Jim

v6.25 is out now, so try that version.

Email sales for the download link.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Thanks I need to find some resolution since we are sending out 7 groups a day @ upto 200,000. It takes some time to send. The mailserver we are using is merak. The connection timeout is 45 minutes now, I can change that to a couple of minutes and see if it fixes the problem.

-Jim
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Thanks, received your log.

It is quite unusual for a server to handle a connection status in that manner. Try v6.25 (email sales) where I will improve the way MLK handles it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

The person that sends the email has informed me that it only locks up about 1/4 of the time after displaying the error.
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Ok I sent you the log file. When I setup up pop before smtp and entered our server information with logon name, it does not stay. Each time I go back into it, it is blank again.

-Jim
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Jim

Please enable logging again and send me the log after it fails.

Also, you might want to go into View>Options, Other, Advanced, Sending and disable the option to always show sending errors.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

I selected pop before smtp option and we still get the message. I did deselect that our server require's authentification. It does not fail all the time, but when it does it's always right after it compiles the names and is ready to start sending them. Then if it works it works for the whole transmission.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest version and still having the problem. Yes it locks up. When we get the message already connected we click on ok and nothing happens, we've let it set for a long period of time. I'm wondering if I should select pop before smtp under options, this may correct the problem. The only way to end it is to go to the task manager and close down MLK.

We send out max 200,000 emails at a time.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Jim

Are you sure it is actually locked up? When MLK encounters a sending error (as it did in your log) it displays an error message. On some systems this may not appear in front of the main window. The tell tale sign is that when you click on the MLK window you get a Windows beep. Try switching to another Window and then using Alt+Tab to come back to MLK. Does it then show the error message?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:53:10  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks will give that a try today
-Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic