Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Error Sending... wants me to re-register DLL's..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joseph@winathome.com

4 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
I am receiving an error when I am editing an email i want to send. It happens to be the one i have saved as my stationary as a template. Works sometimes but often it abruptly closes down and give the following error:
"An error was encountered displaying the send dialog. Do you want maillist king to re-register its DLLs?"
I am not even clicking send, it just closes right in the middle of editing the letter. I let it update the DLLs, i restart it and the same thing happens again.
I read in one of the forums that you had a debugging fix but I dont' know if it applys in my situation.
Please let me know, and send, if it will help.
Thank you!

Joseph@winathome.com

4 Posts

Nigel,
I had 6.24 and just updated to 6.25. Lets see if that resolves that problem.
Thanks for your continuted support.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Joseph

Firstly, please tell me what version of MLK you are using. If it is not the latest (v6.25) you might want to try the update first in case the issue has been resolved.

Also, check what version of Internet Explorer you have installed.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

katana1100

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  13:53:28  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,
I am getting the "reregister DLLs" message when trying to select a .mlk message that I saved as stationary, also. The stationary appears in the "Select Stationary" preview window correctly. However, when I click the OK button I get the "Reregister" error, and then the "Untitled - Message" window closes. This doesn't happen with another stationary file that I have saved. Would it help for me to send you the .mlk file that is presenting the problems? I am using version 6.24. I see you mention 6.25, but I haven't been sent that update link yet.

As a seperate issue, is there some way that Business Edition users can be automatically notified when a new release has been issued? I've asked twice before and still don't get notified when a new release comes out. :-(

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

katana1100

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  13:57:33  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

A correction on my last post, I kept mixing .mlk and stationary terms. The message that gives me problems works OK when saved as a .mlk message file. However, I tried to save that same message as a stationary file and now have problems when trying to pull it back up using the stationary button. So, long story short, the exact same message works OK as a .mlk, but not as stationary.

Thanks!
Rick
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  16:24:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rick

Please email the file that is causing problems to support@xequte.com advising me also what version of IE you have installed.

All registered MLK users should be advised of updates automatically (excluding quite minor ones). If you are having diffuculties getting on the list, it may be that you unsubscribed before and are thus blocked from being added back to the list.

Please email me personally (with the details). Note that if you subscribed in the last 30 days you might not have received anything (as we didn't send notifications for the minor releases, v6.24 and v6.25).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: