Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Add video sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  08:12:19  Show Profile  Reply
This is primarily for Nigel and Jim D:
I quote from a previous reply of mine to Gadesh.

"On a previous slide show build I was successful in extracting the sound from my videos and inserting it in the appropriate place in the background music.
You may need to shorten some of the existing music files to accommodate proper insertion.
However on my latest show which is still in progress, the video sound seems to play, in preview, over the added soundtrack and the video in question is not at the beginning or end of the show."

This seems to contradict a lot of the statements that have been made regarding video soundtracks or am I missing something.

Regards

Hugh McLachlan

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  20:05:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Hugh

DVD PixPlay uses Windows multimedia drivers to display videos when previewing the slideshow. A side effect of this is that video soundtrack may be audible even if your options in DVD PixPlay would mean that the soundtrack is not played when the slideshow is burned.

You can confirm this by clicking the "Test" button at the bottom of Burn Slideshow dialog.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  20:33:08  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Nigel

I will check that aspect prior to burning my current show.

However, I have discovered that you can extract the sound from a video and insert it, converting if necessary to an .mp3 or .wav, as a background music file. Mind you it does take a bit of fiddling to get the timing right but it can be done.

I thought I would pass this along as I haven't seen it offered as an option in some of the answers to the question of video sound.
Go to Top of Page

Bagsey

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  01:56:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Hugh
I wonder if the method that I used for my sound would help speed up your work. If you can seperate the video sound track and save it as a file then check out on this link.
http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3068

Please let me know if you find it useful.
Oh yes! How did you seperate the video sound track from the video?

Bagsey
North Yorkshire UK
DVDPixPlay Ver. 4.1
Go to Top of Page

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  07:09:45  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I use a program called Cyberlink PowerDirector and it has the facility to separate the audio from a video as follows:

Extracting Audio from a Video Clip:
If you want to include just the audio from a video clip, you can extract it from video clips in the Media Library. The audio clip will be separated from the video and can be used in your project like any other audio file.
To extract audio from a video clip, do this:
Right click on a video clip in the Media Library that contains the audio want to extract and select Extract Audio.
The Save As Windows dialog box is displayed.
Browse to the folder location where you want to save the audio file, enter a file name for it and then click on the Save button. The audio portion of the video will be extracted and saved as a .wav file in our Media Library.

As I said it does take a bit of finagling, and you might have to edit (shorten or re-arrange some of your music files), to insert it into the proper sequence in your show but it can be done. I used sounds of waterfalls, people oohing & aahing, hot springs bubbling in my last slide show successfully,
I am not sure but imagine other video programmes might this ability.
Regards
Hugh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: