Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Multiuse webform and MLK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  21:13:05  Show Profile  Reply
Okay my last post for this evening - promise.

In our corporate environment we post multiuse web forms - these are forms where there is more than one action available for the customers.

For example, you post on the website a particular group of products, so for my example I pick desks. - So the webform on the page gives the customers the opportunity to fill it out and request various things;

Perhaps things like this:
1) Please send me information about your oak credenzas (so the autoresponder send the response with a PDF attached showing pricing, styles etc)
But there are other fields including:
2) Would you like a full catalog emailed to you? (The customer also selects this and the autoresponder then sends another PDF with a catalog of all kinds of merchandise)
Another field:
3) Would you like to sign up for our newsletter? (The customer selects this option as well and is added to the Group - "newsletter" and an opt in confirmation is sent.

You can see the opportunities here. The customer fills the multiuse webform ONE TIME but when they submit it, a variety of emails are sent back to the customer.

I was wondering if others have used MLK to handle these types of multiuse webforms and what have been the results. Do the multiuse webforms work well? Do customers receive all the autoresponses or just 1? Does anyone have any experiences to share that can assist me in understanding further, how the autoresponder functions or what errors to avoid when designing the multiuse forms.

Thanks

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  00:42:16  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

With most web form scripts you can specify the same name for all your checkboxes and they will appear as one field in the web submission message, for example
Checkbox 1 for Catalog: Name: "Group", Value: "Catalog"
Checkbox 2 for Newsletter: Name: "Group", Value: "Newsletter"
etc.

Then add a hidden field for "Action: Subscribe" and other fields for the user to specify name, email address, etc.

For each of your groups create a welcome message. Then when MLK processes the subscribe the relevant welcome message will be sent.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:52:16  Show Profile  Reply
Just to update everyone and close this message off.

Right now MLK will not accomplish this task.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: