Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Managing Hard Bounces
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  16:43:25  Show Profile  Reply

I'm still stuck on how to export from Outlook folder email addresses that experience a hard bounce. Can MLK funnel hard bounce email address to a Outlook folder where by I can export to Excel a list of bad email addresses?

I dont want MLK to remove the hard bounces from MLK databases. I dont always store email in MLK after a campaign.

How do I export to Excel hard bounce email addresses.

Mike

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  02:44:23  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Mike

If you simply want all the email addresses of messages in an Outlook folder do this:

1. In MLK select List > Add Addresses from Outlook folders
2. Select the folder and click OK
3. After it retrieves the addresses click Ctrl+A to select all addresses, then Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard
4. Open Notepad/Excel/Word and click Ctrl+V to paste

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  05:52:16  Show Profile  Reply
I'm lost with your answer based on my question.

I want all hard bounces to go into a folder that will allows me to export the bounced email address to an Excel doc.

The hard bounces today land in my inbox and if i export them using Outlook it does not give me the original email address that bounced.

I'm simply trying to get a report in Excel that shows every email address that bounced and that may not be possible for MLK. For some reason I cant see a way to get that with MLK.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  18:54:00  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Sorry, i misunderstood your intention. I've created a tutorial for you:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=3180#11400

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  05:04:00  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel -

I viewed the tutorial, followed the steps, went back to last several campaigns and the problems is,in each and every campaign when I click on or use drop down to see emails that hard bounced and came back, its zero in every case. I dont save the hard bounce email messages that appear in my inbox, but MLK isnt showing me the emails that hard bounced. Mike
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  13:38:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Mike

In order for the bounce functionality to work MLK needs to process the undeliverable message report emails that you receive after a sending. Under View > Options, Undeliverable do you have the relevant option enabled? Do the undeliverable message report emails that you receive come into a folder/account that MLK processes (i.e. one of the ones under View > Options, Email Processing)?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: