Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 V7 and location of "unsubscribe"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yvonner

Malaysia
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  20:58:27  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

Recently upgraded to V7.11r.

I had V6 setup to only look for subscribe/unsubscribe requests in the subject line. Once I installed V7, MLK started looking in the body too. I couldn't find the option under "Options" but located it in the hidden_options.txt file. Have changed Only SearchSubjectForCommands to TRUE but MLK is still looking in the body of the message.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Yvonne

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  19:39:32  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Yvonne

I can't reproduce that issue. Can you give me more detail?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

yvonner

Malaysia
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  01:42:07  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

I just ran a test. I sent a message to Outlook inbox which was a reply to the MLK mailout. I left the subject line unchanged (i.e. just "Re: original subject"). In the first line of the body of the message I entered "unsubscribe xxxx". Then I clicked "check for new" in MLK. It processed this message even though I didn't want it to and showed me the "Choose group" pop-up since "xxxx" doesn't exist. I chose all groups. The message was moved to Outlook Deleted Items folder. My email address does not exist in any of the MLK grous. In the History, Command Processing Errors, I can see my email address with an Error of "Address not found in mailing list".

In a moment I will forward to you the message it processed in error. If you need any more details, please let me know.

Thanks.

Yvonne

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  01:05:05  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Yvonne

I've investigated this and can't see how it is possible. Was MailList King closed when you edited the OnlySearchSubjectForCommands value in Settings.ini? Can you check whether OnlySearchSubjectForCommands is still True after you have opened and closed MLK.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: