Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Problem sending emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wawak

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  05:17:39  Show Profile  Reply
Hi...
Just started using the demo version of MLK and it's fantastic. However, I'm trying to send out an emailing of approximately 70 emails and after each 10 or so, the program stops sending and makes me wait a minute before sending another 10 emails. Is this because the program is a demo or is something wrong? I am using my own ISP (Verizon) to send the emails. I believe I set a limit of 420 emails per hr and so this should not happen.

Thanks for your help...

wawak

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  05:32:00  Show Profile  Reply
Followup...

I am now getting a message that says I have reached my maximum per hour(420). Yes, I set this limit, but only approximately 80 emails went out. Does the program count an email as a "send" even though it failed to send it. In other words, each time I made a send, only 10 of the approximately 70 emails were sent. I kept repeating the send. Does the program add 10 each time (the number that actually went out) to reach the 420 or does it count 70 each time even though only 10 were sent?

Thanks again...
wawa
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  12:47:43  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

It sounds as though you have enabled the "ISP Limits" option and MLK is throttling down your sending speed.

You can configure that under View > Options, Sending, Other Sending Settings, "ISP Limits" tab.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

wawak

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  13:07:55  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel...

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I have the sending limit set to 420 per hour, but my MAJOR problem is that after 10 "sends" the program stops sending successfully. Then per my setting of waiting one minute, I can send another 10 emails. I don't understand why the program stops sending after 10 emails. I cannot find a setting that would cause this.

My second question is when the program fails to send more emails, do the failed "sends" count towards the limit of 420. It appears that it does.

Thanks...
wawa
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  03:23:52  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

It is probably a limit of your ISP.

Please email me the log file for the sending task:

1. Run MLK and click Ctrl+Shift+I.
2. Check the box to display your database folder and click "OK"
3. Browse to the subfolder named "SendLogs"
4. In that folder your log files are named "mail_sent_*.txt" with the date of the delivery included in the name. Find the files of the relevant date and send them to me

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: