Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Nigel, please read - Sync music to slides
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bmccall

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  07:30:16  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I would like to have a 200 1mage slide show and use 10 pieces of music as background music - repeating some of the music more than once.

The way your program seems to be set up at the present - the slides are synced to the music - i.e if I have 10 slides and the song is 10 minutes then each slide will show for 1 minute each or 10 slides for 10 minutes. The only solution to this is to edit each piece of music so that its timing matches the timing of the slides. Even with a good editor this is very time consuming if you have numerous pieces that you wish to use.

Is there any easy way that the program could be modified - now or in the future - to sync the music to the slides - i.e. have a full piece of music that you could select and have it play only as long as slides 1-20 were being shown. Then a second piece of music could be shown for slides 21-40, etc. This would be a lot less labor intensive for the user of the program and require no editing of the music. It would be a definite enhancement that several people have complained about.

Thanks!

Ben

Liz Downs

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:49:41  Show Profile  Reply
If this could be achieved then Pixplay would be perfect - it almost is but this would be the icing on the cake.
Go to Top of Page

bmccall

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:57:30  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for your input!

Ben
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  21:28:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Truncation of music (with automatic fading) is on the to-do list, but music editing is not a trivial task and so it probably won't be something we can do in the short term.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

bmccall

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  05:48:26  Show Profile  Reply
Is it easier to do without the fading?

It would certainly be better with fading but if you could do it without fading in the short term that would be better than not having it at all!

Thanks!

Ben
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  09:02:33  Show Profile  Reply
BEN

Here is a quick tutorial that is less than 2 minutes to show you how to trim and edit in audacity.

GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3TWqCr121g

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

bmccall

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  09:18:34  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Jim!

I know how to do that and was only asking if it could be accomplished by syncing to the image instead of syncing to the music. If you have a large photo gallery with 10 plus different music files, you would not have to calculate the time of music file and then edit them to fit the image time.

It would save a considerable amount of time and effort!!

Ben
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: